New Graduate Diplomas
Proposals for new graduate diplomas require expedited approval by the Quality Council but are not subject to external appraisal.
Phases for New Graduate Diplomas
- As with all academic change, the first step in the development of any academic change proposal is consultation with the appropriate Dean’s Office.
- The VPAP Office will work with the Dean’s Office to convene a consultation meeting.
- Proponents will normally draft an outline for any diploma.
- Proponents should work closely with their Dean’s Office and the VPAP Office on the development of a proposal.
- All proposals should be supported by full SGS Calendar descriptions and new course proposals.
- All proposals require sign-off from the Dean’s Office and the VPAP Office before moving forward.
- New graduate diplomas and collaborative specializations are not subject to external appraisal.
- Proposals for new graduate diplomas and collaborative specializations require approval by the relevant Faculty Council and the Committee on Academic Policy and Programs (AP&P).
- All new graduate diplomas require expedited approval by the Quality Council.
- New graduate diplomas require approval by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU).
Template: new diploma outline
Template: new graduate program proposal (for diplomas)