Templates & Resources
The Office of the Vice-Provost, Academic Programs provides resources to support the University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process (UTQAP) review process, including document templates and standardized materials for divisions and units undergoing review each year.
For programs and units undergoing decanal reviews: before using the materials below, please contact your Dean’s Office to ask if customized templates or supplementary materials are available.
UTQAP Review Templates
- Updated template: Self-study (Word)
- Updated template: Terms of reference (Word)
- Updated template: External reviewer report (Word)
- External reviewers nomination form — Cyclical Program Reviews (Excel)
The VPAP Office coordinates with administrative offices and the University of Toronto Libraries to provide the following materials for every unit undergoing review:
- Standardized QA data packages
- Additional/Emerging Data Sources to Consider for UTQAP Reviews Processes
- Library Statement
- Student Services Statements:
UTQAP & Governance Information
- University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process (UTQAP): see section 6 for the Cyclical Program Review protocol (PDF).
- Committee on Academic Policy & Programs (AP&P): agenda packages and reports are available for all reviews that have come forward
- What happens with program and unit reviews at AP&P?
Process Guidance & Recommended Practices
- Diagram: Cycle of continuous improvement and review protocol (PDF)
- Collaborative specialization reviews and Collaborative Specialization Guidelines
- Recommended practices for reviewing programs offered across units and/or divisions
- Protocol for reviews of programs offered with external partners
- How to request a deferral of UTQAP cyclical reviews
Program Innovation Fund
The Program Innovation Fund (PIF) supports the implementation of UTQAP review recommendations.