Templates & Resources
The Office of the Vice-Provost, Academic Programs provides resources to support the University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process (UTQAP) review process, including document templates and standardized materials for divisions and units undergoing review each year.
For programs and units undergoing decanal reviews: before using the materials below, please contact your Dean’s Office to ask if customized templates or supplementary materials are available.
UTQAP Review Templates
- Self-study (Word)
- Terms of reference (Word)
- External reviewer report (Word)
- External reviewers nomination form (Word)
The VPAP Office coordinates with administrative offices and the University of Toronto Libraries to provide the following materials for every unit undergoing review:
- Standardized QA data packages (PDF)
- Library Statement
- Student Services Statements:
UTQAP & Governance Information
- University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process (UTQAP): see section 5 for Cyclical Program Review protocol.
- Committee on Academic Policy & Programs (AP&P): agenda packages and reports are available for all reviews that have come forward
- What happens with program and unit reviews at AP&P?
Process Guidance & Recommended Practices
- Diagram of the Cyclical Program Review process (PDF)
- Collaborative specialization reviews and Collaborative Specialization Guidelines
- Recommended practices for reviewing programs offered across units and/or divisions
- Protocol for reviews of programs offered with external partners
- How to request a deferral of UTQAP cyclical reviews
Program Innovation Fund
The Program Innovation Fund (PIF) supports the implementation of UTQAP review recommendations.
Emma del Junco
Acting Coordinator, Academic Planning & Reviews
David Lock (on secondment until June 2023)
Coordinator, Academic Planning & Reviews